Walker Welding Capitol Windows NOW to Keep Workers from Passing Food to Those Inside

by Tula Connell

This from AFL-CIO Political Communications Director Eddie Vale who’s on the ground in Madison, Wis.

As we speak, Gov. Scott Walker & the Senate R’s are literally having the windows of the capital welded shut to keep people from passing food into the building to the people inside.

Our attorneys are collecting affidavits from the people who witnessed this, along with people who have been illegally denied access to a public, government, building.

We will be filing for a TRO [temporary restraining order] to open the Capitol.

It is a sad for democracy when Governor Walker and his R Senate allies are locking the people of Wisconsin out of their own state capitol.

Comments

Comment from Caw Casion
Time February 28, 2011 at 1:22 pm

Isn’t welding closed the Capitol windows somewhat of a fire hazard….? I think the Fire Chief should check it out…..

Comment from Muriel Messer
Time February 28, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Keep up the pressure! My husband is a Teamster, and my daughter is a public employee is Madison. This affects us all, not just my family.

You are in my prayers and thoughts. Thank you unions!

Pingback from WALKER WELDING CAPITAL WINDOWS NOW TO KEEP WORKERS FROM PASSING FOOD TO THOSE INSIDE « THOUGHTBITES
Time February 28, 2011 at 2:16 pm

[...] http://www.unions.org/home/union-blog/2011/02/28/walker-welding-capitol-windows-now-to-keep-workers-… [...]

Comment from SHCrane
Time February 28, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Windows were not welded shut.

Bolts were screwed inside the windows and the bolt tops were cut off to keep them from being removed. See photo http://twitpic.com/44stct

This is a fire hazard, but who do we complain to?

Comment from J
Time March 4, 2011 at 10:44 am

Windows were “re-secured” meaning they were secured before the protest but then became mysteriously un-secured. As politifact states… liar liar pants on fire.

Comment from JGWerner
Time March 4, 2011 at 2:02 pm

The windows in question have wooden frames. Last time I checked, it is a fire hazard to try to weld wood. Check your facts. Securing the windows is not a fire hazard.

Comment from Donkey
Time March 10, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Are there going to be nationwide protests this weekend and where can I find one?

ON WISCONSIN, ON WISCONSIN.

Comment from George
Time April 16, 2011 at 10:58 am

Yes Murriel this affects us all, not just my family or your family, we have to do something! Without pressure we can’t solve it!

Write a comment