Union Approved Vendors
- Social Media
- Unions Go Green
- Accounting Services
- American Made Products
- Computers and Technology
- Event Planning
- Financial Services
- Funeral Services
- Go Green
- Health & Wellness
- Health Care Services
- Identity Theft
- Lasik Eye Surgery
- Legal Services
- Marketing & Advertising
- Mortgage and Debt Payoff
- Printing Services
- Real Estate
- Union Facts
- Union Benefits
- Union Resources
Calibre CPA Group PLLC
Founded on a mission “to provide services of a superior calibre,” Calibre CPA Group, PLLC provides value-added audit, accounting, consulting, and tax services to a variety of labor organizations. In fact, we are the CPAs of choice for many International and a host of Local Unions in the Washington, DC area. It’s through our experience with hundreds of labor organizations that we’ve developed a familiarity with best practices in internal, administrative, and accounting controls. Our professionals use specialized programs aimed at the unique accounting and compliance requirements governing labor organizations. Furthermore, our work is focused on identifying value-added recommendations pertaining to strengthening internal controls and enhancing administrative efficiencies.
The current Form LM-2, Labor Organization Annual Report, has caused many labor organizations to revise how they collect and report data to the Department of Labor. In order to comply with expanded DOL reporting, numerous labor organizations have found it necessary to expand the capabilities of their accounting and reporting functions. We have kept at the forefront of these issues and can provide opportunities to for assistance, such as on-site consulting, seminars, webinars, and printed and electronic resources.
Employee Benefit Funds
Calibre CPA Group serves more than 190 labor-related employee benefit funds. Our clients consist of single and multiemployer funds of all sizes – from small plans with less than $500,000 plan assets and 100 participants, to those with assets of $10 billion and over 100,000 participants. These plans represent a broad spectrum of Taft-Hartley and ERISA funds, including both defined benefit and defined contribution pension plans, retirement, health and welfare benefit plans, 401(k)s, profit sharing plans, vacation plans, training funds, and more.
Our firm is also one of the few CPA firms with a national payroll (employer compliance) audit program in place. Our staff of auditors, who solely conduct payroll audits, have performed thousands of audits in almost every state in the continental United States and Hawaii. Our procedures are flexible enabling us to customize our approach to meet the specific contract terminology of our clients’ collective bargaining agreements.
Why Should I Use Calibre CPA Group?
Over the years, our firm’s professionals have worked with clients ranging from small Local Unions to large Internationals. These clients represent a variety of industries including printing/publishing, service, skilled and unskilled laborers, electrical, transportation, construction, food service, communications, and more. We strive to help these clients maximize the efficiency of their operations and we can do the same for you.
Calibre CPA Group has a team of professionals whose responsibility is to provide comprehensive services for our labor union clients. They work hard to stay abreast of the legal and regulatory issues of the day and regularly interact with Department of Labor and Internal Revenue Service personnel on behalf of our clients.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this article to a friend:
- ABC Defibrillators/ AED's on the Union Jobsite
- Accounting for Unions
- Advertise your Company to Labor Unions
- American Made
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members to shop
- Americans For Tax Reform
- An Ancient Wisdom Fits Current Economics
- Annuites "Brand Annunites for Working Familes"
- Answers to Common Questions People Have About Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
- Bail Out Union Pensions and Support The Working People of America
- BANKRUPTCY DICTIONARY OF TERMS
- Bankruptcy for Union Members, "Chapter 7"
- BEWARE OF OUTSOURCING YOUR TECHNOLOGY TO SMARTDATA INC.
- Billions of Text Messages sent in the first half of 2009
- Boycott Hotels
- Built Green with Union Labor
- Buy American Made
- Credit Card Relief Helps Union Members!
- Insurance " Long Term Care"
- Insurance "Affordable Health"
- Insurance "No Exam Life"
- No Spend Zone: Not Union Friendly Companies
- Retirement Calculators
- Reverse Mortgage Calculator
- Social Media Launches at Unions.org
- The Union Edge Radio
- Tips for Successfully Starting a New Business
- Treatment of Malignant Mesothelioma for Union Members
- Union based Occupatiions increase tobacco use
- Union Blog
- Union Facebook
- Union Prescription Discounts "Nation's Best Drug Card" Free
- Unions Go Green
- What is ERISA?