Union Approved Vendors
- Social Media
- Unions Go Green
- Accounting Services
- American Made Products
- Computers and Technology
- Event Planning
- Financial Services
- Funeral Services
- Go Green
- Health & Wellness
- Health Care Services
- Identity Theft
- Lasik Eye Surgery
- Legal Services
- Marketing & Advertising
- Mortgage and Debt Payoff
- Printing Services
- Real Estate
- Union Facts
- Union Benefits
- Union Resources
Medica Health Plans for Union Members and their Families
Medica provides health coverage to 1.6 million members. Its coverage is available to individuals, employers, third-party administrators and government programs in Minnesota and select counties in Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota.
Medica’s broadest regional provider network includes 27,000 providers at more than 4,000 offices, clinics and hospitals in Minnesota, Wisconsin, North Dakota and South Dakota. More than 96% of Minnesota providers participate in this network. Medica also offers a health plan with coverage that features access to a large national network of nearly 500,000 providers and 5,000 hospitals. In addition, Medica offers several plans that feature smaller, cost-efficient networks.
Medica’s 2009 operating income was $55.2 million, up 30.6 percent year-over-year., while the operating margin was 2 percent.
In 2009, Medica employees raised a grand total of $309,815 to support local charities, social services and various health initiatives in the community. The Medica Foundation provides funding to community-based initiatives and programs that support the needs of Medica’s customers and the greater community by improving their health and removing barriers to health care services. In 2009, the Medica Foundation provided $1.35 million in grants to community-based and statewide projects that address behavioral health issues, healthy living, and disparities related to health care literacy and prevention. Medica Foundation Annual Reports are available online.
View Medica Foundation Annual Reports.
Medica also partners with several community projects designed to improve the health of all Minnesotans. These include:
- Minnesota Community Measurement -– organization offering quality comparisons among provider groups and clinics
- Institute for Clinical Systems Improvement –- collaboration of health care organizations provides evidence-graded practical guidelines and technology assessment reports
- Minnesota Health Information Exchange – technology partnership that connects doctors, hospitals and clinics across health care systems so they can quickly access medical records needed for patient treatment during a medical emergency or for delivering routine care
Medica offers an integrated approach for employers and members to improve health and manage the costs of care. Health improvement programs provide personalized solutions that focus on the whole person, and include a comprehensive set of preventive, fitness, employee assistance, health and wellness coaching and care coordination programs.
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this article to a friend:
- ABC Defibrillators/ AED's on the Union Jobsite
- Accounting for Unions
- Advertise your Company to Labor Unions
- American Made
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members to shop
- Americans For Tax Reform
- An Ancient Wisdom Fits Current Economics
- Annuites "Brand Annunites for Working Familes"
- Answers to Common Questions People Have About Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
- Bail Out Union Pensions and Support The Working People of America
- BANKRUPTCY DICTIONARY OF TERMS
- Bankruptcy for Union Members, "Chapter 7"
- BEWARE OF OUTSOURCING YOUR TECHNOLOGY TO SMARTDATA INC.
- Billions of Text Messages sent in the first half of 2009
- Boycott Hotels
- Built Green with Union Labor
- Buy American Made
- Credit Card Relief Helps Union Members!
- Insurance " Long Term Care"
- Insurance "Affordable Health"
- Insurance "No Exam Life"
- No Spend Zone: Not Union Friendly Companies
- Retirement Calculators
- Reverse Mortgage Calculator
- Social Media Launches at Unions.org
- The Union Edge Radio
- Tips for Successfully Starting a New Business
- Treatment of Malignant Mesothelioma for Union Members
- Union based Occupatiions increase tobacco use
- Union Blog
- Union Facebook
- Union Prescription Discounts "Nation's Best Drug Card" Free
- Unions Go Green
- What is ERISA?