Union Approved Vendors
- Social Media
- Unions Go Green
- Accounting Services
- American Made Products
- Computers and Technology
- Event Planning
- Financial Services
- Funeral Services
- Go Green
- Health & Wellness
- Health Care Services
- Identity Theft
- Lasik Eye Surgery
- Legal Services
- Marketing & Advertising
- Mortgage and Debt Payoff
- Printing Services
- Real Estate
- Union Facts
- Union Benefits
- Union Resources
The Union Edge Radio
Charles Showalter is nationally recognized as the former President of the National Homeland Security Council, labor advocate and lobbyist. With current local and national media and legislative contacts Charles is building "The Union Edge" into a powerful force within the movement.
At 45 years old Charles started out on the streets of Pittsburgh and moved through the ranks of the military. Charles served in Germany, Panama and later as a combat veteran during Desert Shield and Desert Storm. After active military service, Charles joined AFGE while working for the Department of Defense, the Immigration and Naturalization Service and then the Department of Homeland Security. Charles successfully took on the Bush administration attempts to break federal unions, contract out federal employee jobs, deny federal law enforcement officer of congressionaly mandated benefits.
Charles is now bringing that story and all his knowledge into your home or workplace every week day through "The Union Edge." With an unparalleled ability to engage both the camera and the person he's proven to have exemplary experience in elections of all sorts. With more than 15 years of successful experience in progressive executive leadership and program management positions, in the nonprofit and federal civil service, and private sector arenas he has successfully lead groups of over 26000 members.
He brings this leadership to the radio after explosive to many media outlets including KDKA 1020 AM, WPYT 660 AM and KQV 1410 AM Radio (Pittsburgh), Labor Radio Guest (National), Federal Computer Week, GovExec.com, Federal Times, Congressional Quarterly, the Ron Insana radio show (CNBC), Michelle Malkin, NewsMax.com, US News and World Report, Christian Science Monitor, Fox News, MSNBC, Lou Dobbs, C-SPAN, Washington Times, Washington Post, Detroit Free Press, Associated Press, United Press International, federal trade media and many more!
As a strategic thinker Charles was able to build relationships with organizations beyond the labor movement and with elected officials in order to best serve the members of his union and workers across the land.
The Union Edge broadcasts live from 2-4pm Monday thru Friday on 660am Pittsburgh and 1180am Philadelphia. We also stream live at www.WFRNLive.com, call the show at 412 321-2510
Email to Friend
Fill in the form below to send this web page to a friend:
- ABC Defibrillators/ AED's on the Union Jobsite
- Accounting for Unions
- Advertise your Company to Labor Unions
- American Made
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members
- American Made Automobiles for Union Members to shop
- Americans For Tax Reform
- An Ancient Wisdom Fits Current Economics
- Annuites "Brand Annunites for Working Familes"
- Answers to Common Questions People Have About Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI)
- Asian Pacific American Labor Alliance
- Bail Out Union Pensions and Support The Working People of America
- BANKRUPTCY DICTIONARY OF TERMS
- Bankruptcy for Union Members, "Chapter 7"
- BEWARE OF OUTSOURCING YOUR TECHNOLOGY TO SMARTDATA INC.
- Billions of Text Messages sent in the first half of 2009
- Boycott Hotels
- Built Green with Union Labor
- Buy American Made
- Credit Card Relief Helps Union Members!
- Insurance " Long Term Care"
- Insurance "Affordable Health"
- Insurance "No Exam Life"
- No Spend Zone: Not Union Friendly Companies
- Retirement Calculators
- Reverse Mortgage Calculator
- Social Media Launches at Unions.org
- The Union Edge Radio
- Tips for Successfully Starting a New Business
- Treatment of Malignant Mesothelioma for Union Members
- Union based Occupatiions increase tobacco use
- Union Blog
- Union Facebook
- Union Prescription Discounts "Nation's Best Drug Card" Free
- Unions Go Green
- What is ERISA?